Blood of the Innocent. The True Price of Climate Change.


"Animal agriculture makes a 40% greater contribution to global warming than all transportation in the world combined; it is the number one cause of climate change." 
 Jonathan Safran Foer ~ Author of Eating Animals


I remember the first time I saw a truck full of livestock heading for the slaughterhouse.  I was a nine year old child, riding in the car with my parents on our way to visit relatives in Ontario, Canada.  Due to the traffic congestion, our car rode alongside the trailer for several minutes.  Those minutes were long enough for me to look into the eyes of the animals crammed in there like holocaust victims.  I saw the terror in their eyes, I saw that they were unable to move even a centimeter, one of the calves caught my eye for more than ten seconds and in that ten seconds that animal let me know everything I didn't want to know.  That animal was feeling its reality as hard as any human being ever could.  I shudder as I write this, because somehow I think it felt it even more than we could.  In the backseat, I began to cry.   Up in the front seat, locked into their own world of oblivion, my parents heard me and asked me what was wrong.  I told them to look at the trailer full of miserable creatures beside us, suffering in the subzero temperature, their terror radiating out of them like a neutron bomb.
Read more »