New Years Resolutions

Today is the first Monday of the new year. A great day to get up, take charge, and conquer the world right?
Wrong!
Apparently it's a great day to wake up with a killer headache and an upset stomach...

Oh well... I've been consoling myself with no food, lots of coffee and Advil, Christmas letters, and The Apocalypse War. I may even get some writing done today!

So it's 2012 now. It didn't really hit me till I was sitting in Church listening to the sermon. New Years has never really meant that much to me till now. But you know what? It's a clean slate! A new year is like a blank sheet of paper and now I need to decide what to write on it.

I'm twenty, I have a job, fantastic friends, a great Church, and my family. So what are my goals for this year? What am I going to do with myself? I hardly even thought about making resolutions till yesterday but then I came up with a whole bunch.

Basically it comes down to this. Last year was pretty good. Actually the best year I've ever had. So, now I'm going to make this year the best I've ever had! This may sound silly or cliche but I'm going to be a better person this year.

Anyways, here are my 2012 resolutions.

1. Start a savings account with a certain percentage of every paycheck orig into it. Now that I've finally got a job I can really start saving for my future.

2. Read my Bible every day. This was my only resolution last year and I've kept it. I'm in the middle of Jeremiah now.

3. No regrets. I may not be able to keep this one completely but I know I can do better.

4. Be healthier. Drink more water specifically...

5. Finish my book. And start research on the next one I have planned.

I think that's it for now... But it's a good start. :-)

Happy New Years everyone!